2008/06/13

WMU-6500FS - cvstrac 2.0.1



Build results: [binary] [files list]
Info sources: [cvstrac site] [cvstrac colored diffs]

Build sequence:
dev# cd /usr/local/src
dev# wget http://www.cvstrac.org/cvstrac-2.0.1.tar.gz
dev# tar xzvf cvstrac-2.0.1.tar.gz
dev# cd cvstrac-2.0.1
dev# cp linux-gcc.mk Makefile
Customize Makefile
(build dir need not be necessary the same as source dir, you have to alter SRCDIR accordingly. Also the INSTALLDIR can be for example set to /mnt/C/sys/var/www/cgi-bin in case you want to run it as CGI)
dev# nano Makefile

SRCDIR = .

INSTALLDIR = /mnt/C/sys/bin
If you have not set the include and lib directories to sys you have to modify also the main.mk:
dev# nano main.mk

XTCC = $(TCC) $(CFLAGS) -I. -I$(SRCDIR) -I/mnt/C/sys/include

$(TCC) -o $(APPNAME) $(OBJ) $(LIBSQLITE) -L/mnt/C/sys/lib
Make the application
dev# make
Error
Undefined reference to sqlite3StrICmp and similar symbols. It seems that 2.0.1 release used a non-public part of SQLite interface and in a recent version of SQLite the referenced functions disappeared.
Fortunately there is a patch 2.0.1-3 solving the problem:
dev# cd ..
dev# wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cvstrac/cvstrac_2.0.1-3.diff.gz
dev# gunzip cvstrac_2.0.1-3.diff.gz
dev# patch -p0 < cvstrac_2.0.1-3.diff
dev# cd cvstrac-2.0.1
Or alternatively you can download the development version directly from their CVS:
dev# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvstrac.org:/cvstrac login
dev# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvstrac.org:/cvstrac checkout cvstrac
When prompted for a password, enter "anonymous". For more info see [cvstrac download].

We are ready to build all the three available variants:
dev# make
dev# make install
dev# make APPNAME=svntrac
dev# make install APPNAME=svntrac
dev# make APPNAME=gittrac
dev# make install APPNAME=gittrac
Now we have the application(s) installed and can launch it. Root can neither initialize a project nor launch the server (actually it is possible but you have to launch it in chroot jail), for more info see [installation] and [chroot jail].
dev# su <user>
dev# gittrac init /mnt/C/sys/var/git <project>
dev# gittrac server 8008 /mnt/C/sys/var/git/ <project> &

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. But, I am getting the error "main_.c:33:5: token "--" is not valid in preprocessor expressions"

Can you please help in this regard.

filodej said...

Hi kavitha,
sorry for the late reply.

The main_.c is a generated file (main.c is used as a source).

When I look at my version I can see no "--" characters anywhere around line 33. Could you, please, paste here a fragment of your version of the file?

Regards,
Filodej

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Error occurred because of improper installation of sqlite (Checks for sqlite version in line 33). Now it is working fine. Again thanks a lot.

I have one more doubt. Say for eg., I have two repository (/home/rep1/ and /home/rep2) and I have two databases (/home/database), one for rep1 and another for rep2.

I have created the service (httprep1) as
{
...
..
user = rep1
server-args = http /home/database
}

Above is working fine for user "rep1".

I have created one more service "httprep2" with same content but the user as "rep2

For repository "rep2" it is not working.

How to handle two repositories.

filodej said...

Hello kavitha,
I am afraid I am not able to help you right now. I was running the svntrac and gittrac just as a standalone server and have not much experience with http configuration.

Unfortunately I have not access to my box (I have not it with me right now) and so cannot experiment with it.

Please, if you make some progress, let me know.

Kind regards,
Filodej

buy erection pills said...

If some one wants to be updated with newest technologies afterward he must be go to see this website and be up to date everyday.